Re: RE : JFFS2 for NAND flash file system

* Paul MAILLET <paulmaillet37@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, YAFFS should have been the solution if it was under the same
> license of eCos.

Commercial licenses for YAFFS are available from eCosCentric.

> My board is an ERTEC200 evalution board (DevKit) from SIEMENS.
> The problem with this DK is that the eCos version is not fixed, it
> seems to be post eCos v2 but pre eCos v3.0. Is there a mean to know
> the exact version I use?

The public tree is generally stable. Most people use snapshots from
the public mercurial or cvs repositories.

That board doesn't appear to be in the public tree, so the support you can
get via this list is very limited. I suggest you refer to whoever
supplied you with the software.

> I downloaded the YAFFS package (file .epk) to evaluate it, but I was
> unable to add the package to the repository, the configuration tool
> ended with an error when importiong the .epk file...

What was the error?

The YAFFS GPL package is targetted at the public eCos tree. Possibly
the ERTEC200 port is based on eCosPro? If so, it may already contain the
eCosCentric NAND tree. I wouldn't be surprised if the subtle differences
between eCos and eCosPro were to cause a problem - if that is the case,
you should definitely refer back to Siemens, or whoever provided you
with the port.

Ross