Re: Re: Development environment under Windows without cygwin?

On 23.03.2011 19:59, Michael Bergandi wrote:
>> It looks like that there is no way beside linux, when I want to avoid
>> cygwin.
>> In principle, I have no aversions regarding linux, but I never worked with
>> and I am a little afraid about additional effort.
> Ubuntu is about as easy as it gets when it comes to diving into Linux.
> You may want to stick with the Long Term Support (LTS) versions for
> obvious reasons.

Latest LTS Ubuntu 10.04 I recommend too, all packages mature and feature
complete.

> Once I started doing embedded development in Linux and realized how
> much more power, versatility, productivity I had there, I started to
> wonder why anyone would ever use Windows. I think you will find that
> the effort you spend will pay huge dividends in the long run.

I recommend you to try, The only risk is that in 6-12 month you will run
Linux as basic machine and Windows as either second boot or VM for
eventual apps that don't run on Linux.

Regards
Ilija