Re: Grub "Error 12" when booting Redboot under Qemu

On 2011-03-21, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm attempting to test my rewritten DHCP code for RedBoot using Qemu
> (which I've used before for testing both RedBoot and full-up apps).
>
> It works fine if I leave the verbose output disabled, but when I
> enable verbose output (which compiles in about 5 more "diag_printf()"
> calls and a couple arrays of strings), Grub then refuses to load the
> file.

Doh!

I forgot to copy the new .cdl file into the right location.  When I
added the line to my build script to enable verbose output for the new
DHCP code , that option wasn't recognized so the "ecosconfig import"
failed (so the other settings being imported were ignored also).  That
left CYG_HAL_STARTUP set to "RAM" instead of "GRUB".

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! It's a lot of fun
                                  at               being alive ... I wonder if