Anyone had success with Redboot and IDE on VMWare?

Hi,

I am trying to compile the redboot for VMware Workstation 7.1.3
booted via Grub. I'd like to use the VMWare's harddisk
as the storage the Redboot is loading from if possible
(the main reason is that I want to try a Microwindows
application that relies on the Redboot to set the
video mode), so I kind of need IDE.

CYGSEM_REDBOOT_DISK_IDE and CYGSEM_REDBOOT_DISK_IDE_VMWARE
are both set.

I am getting
 MONITOR PANIC: vcpu-0:NOT_IMPLEMENTED devices/vide/vide.c:2460

Anyone knows what the Redboot is trying to do what the
VMware does not understand?

Thanks
--
                                     Stano