Actel SmartFusion Port

Hi folks,

I've just got my hands on an A2F-EVAL-KIT board for the Actel
SmartFusion device.  Mainly because at the current price of 75 quid for
a hybrid ARM microcontroller and FPGA dev platform it's ridiculously
good value for money!

http://www.actel.com/products/hardware/devkits_boards/smartfusion_eval.aspx

I've not seen any previous mention of this device on the lists, so I was
wondering if anyone else has had a look at it.  The microcontroller core
seems to be a pretty standard Cortex-M3, so should be a fairly straight
port from the STM32.  There is also the usual mix of vendor specific
SPI, I2C and Ethernet interfaces, but the main draw for me is the
embedded FPGA fabric.

The main limitation of the cheap eval board is that there is no external
SRAM attached, so any port to this particular board would be restricted
to the on-chip memory (256K flash / 64K SRAM).

If anyone already has a port planned or in progress for this platform,
I'd be happy to help out with testing or a bit of driver development.
Otherwise, I'll probably have a look at starting a port myself sometime
in the new year.

Chris.

--
Christopher J. Holgate