Re: STM3210E crash

Alan Bowman <alan.michael.bowman@gmail.com> writes:

> I have also noticed a slightly odd piece of configuration data - the
> default chip type for the board is listed as an STM32F103ZE, when my
> board appears to have an STM32F103ZD.  The different is in the amount
> of internal flash that the chip has available.  The configuration
> option never seems to be used anywhere as far as I can see.  I assume
> that it doesn't make much difference, provided my program is small
> enough to fit on the smaller flash.  Does anyone know if there are
> different versions of the eval board?

If the ZD has less SRAM than the ZE then you will need to adjust the
location of the interrupt stack in the .ldi file. You need to change
the length of the SRAM section and the calculation for
hal_startup_stack. You should also make a similar adjustment in the
matching .h file.

In theory that is all you need to do, although it also means that the
data space available for applications will be smaller. You could also
experiment with reducing the size of the interrupt stack, which is a
little generous.

The platform HAL is designed with the assumption that all STM3210E
boards are fitted with the same part. The board is named the STM3210E
because it has a ZE in it after all. If this is no longer the case
then the HAL ought to be updated to reflect this. However, for now,
changing the .ldi file should be sufficient.

--
Nick Garnett                                      eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com      The eCos experts