Scheduler locking and SMP?

Hi,

does the cyg_scheduler_lock() prevent multiple threads
entering the guarded section on a SMP machine, or is
an additional spinlock needed?

I need a lightweight lock-free way of protecting data
manipulated by very short sections of code (several
instructions, no eCos API calls there) such as enqueuing
something into a linked list, so a full-blown mutex
is not what I want. I don't need to access this data
from an ISR or DSR context and contention is very rare.

Right now I don't have any SMP machine to experiment on,
but the code should be SMP-safe in the future.

Thanks
--
                              Stano