startup issue on at91sam7S

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem getting eCos to startup on a sam7S. It
seems to get "stuck" somewhere between the first instruction, and when
the watchdog gets turned off. When the board is first powered, the LEDs
are tri-stated (half lit), and every 14 seconds the reset line goes low
momentarily. The 14 seconds is the default time for the watchdog
timeout, but the micro doesn't always restart. It will stay hung up in
this state for some random amount of time. Sometimes it works right
away, sometimes it takes over 10 minutes. When it goes from being
"stuck" to working normally, it does so when the reset line goes low (a
normal watchdog reset).

I can't debug the code when it's "stuck" because there's no JTAG
communication, so I can't just break and check what's happening. When
there is JTAG communication, there's nothing to check because it will
work fine from that point.

I'm looking for some suggestions on what eCos code or configuration I
should experiment with to try and find an explanation. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Greg Davies,  BCSc.
Software Engineer

Ultra Electronics