RE: Cannot change MAC address...?

Maybe you have the option CYGSEM_REDBOOT_PLF_ESA_VALIDATE enable?

Christophe

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of John Graham
Sent: 6. mai 2010 12:16
To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: [ECOS] Cannot change MAC address...?

Hi there,

I'm working on a product that runs on a Karo TX25 (Freescale i.MX25)
module, and we want to change the MAC address.

I thought it would be a simple case of making sure fec_esa was true
and running `fconfig fec_esa_data', and plugging in the next MAC
address from my company's pool. This works fine if I want to change
the last half of the MAC address (i.e. the unit-specific part), but I
can't get it to change the first half (the organisation-specific part)
to our one, or any other one apart from the one that's already on the
unit - if I try, I get the error "** invalid entry" and am prompted to
change it again.

Does anyone know how I can change the entire MAC address of a module
through RedBoot?

Thanks,

John G