Re: aboutãredboot 3

Shu Higashiyama wrote:
> Thank you Mr.Sergei and All.
>
> LPC2468 OEM Board /embeddedartists is used.
>
> I am a circuit engineer, and C program also is experienced for about
> three years.
>
> $ ecosconfig --srcdir=${ECOS_REPOSITORY} new ea2468 redboot
> $ ecosconfig --srcdir=${ECOS_REPOSITORY} Tree
> $ make
>
> at this time, Redboot started normally.
> The command prompt had come out.
> redboot>

It sounds good. If you cannot use GDB to dig an issue I would try to
build RedBoot with iopeek, iopoke commands and using them just try to
read FLASH ID codes, look here, please (find your part's codes)

  $ECOS_REPOSITORY/devs/flash/sst/39vfxxx/<version>/include/flash_sst_39vfxxx.inl

> As a method of doing ECOS in the porting
> Http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecospro/doc.cgi/html/ecospro-ref/arm-ealpc2468-setup.html .
> It referred.
> At that time
> [$ecosconfig add flash]
>
> Redboot did not start normally when advice was gotten and it did.

Ups, I refered you to Public Domain (PD) eCos sources not sources from
eCosCentric (EC). I think the EC' HALs and PD' HALs are not equal, but,
`ecosconfig add flash' should work in both case, by other hand, I have
not your hardware to guide/assist you more closely and it's pity that
I could not find the RedBoot's ECM files for your target to import in
PD eCos sources.

> Please teach if there is a method besides the above-mentioned method
> to do ecos in the porting.

Try to build eCos with such an import

cat > iomem.ecm << EOF
cdl_option CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_WITH_IOMEM {
    user_value 1
};
EOF

ecosconfig new ea2468 redboot
ecosconfig import iomem.ecm
ecosconfig tree
make

And as I said you have to get `iopeek', `iopoke' commands in RedBoot
and using RedBoot's CLI follow sst_query() sequences.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/redboot/common-commands.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/redboot/iopeek-command.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/redboot/iopoke-command.html

> It confirmed it with the data sheet like base adress and the width
> etc. of the bus of flash.
> Besides, it tries.

Be sure that you can read in the place without hang in your built
RedBoot (without FLASH support).

And the last tip. The eCos' (PD) ChangeLog has record:

2008-07-08   Uwe Kindler <uwe_kindler@web.de>

 	* NEWS:
	* ecos.db: Add EA LPC2468 OEM board, target, flash driver,
 	LPC24XXX variant + serial driver

So, seek the ecos-patches, ecos-discuss lists around this date point
and may be you get more info about used port.

Sergei