Re: pthread_kill return value

    Jay> According to the man page for pthread_kill, the return value
    Jay> is supposed to be 0 on success and an error number (ESRCH,
    Jay> EINVAL) on error. However, the eCos implementation is
    Jay> returning 0 on success and -1 on error with errno set to the
    Jay> error number. It looks like the eCos pthread_kill() function
    Jay> is using the SIGNAL_RETURN() macro when it should be using
    Jay> the SIGNAL_RETURN_VALUE() macro.

    Jay> Am I reading this correctly?

According to
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/pthread_kill.html
the man page is correct. I guess the eCos implementation should be
using SIGNAL_RETURN_VALUE() instead of SIGNAL_RETURN(). A patch would
be welcome. The only use of pthread_kill() in the eCos sources appears
to be in io/fileio, the pselect.c testcase, so that would need fixing
as well.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                                   eCos Configuration Architect
eCosCentric Limited    The eCos experts      http://www.ecoscentric.com/