Re: Fwd: Re: how to implement EDF scheduling in eCos

Hello everyone,

Thank you Fabian and Friedrich, your comments are highly appreciated,
I am following them.

Now I have done with eCos thread extension for EDF support. I can
build my eCos library and link it to my application successfully. But
there is one problem, when I run my application in x86 Advantech
board, it "hangs up" without any output after thread creation (with an
extended properties).

In my void cyg_user_start(void) function I have these lines:

printf("Now thread extended with tree more properties\n");
printf("Running with EDF scheduler\n");
cyg_mutex_init(&cliblock);
cyg_thread_create(4, simple_program, (cyg_addrword_t) 0, "Thread A",
(void *) stack[0], 4096, &simple_threadA, &thread_s[0],	11, 12, 13);
cyg_thread_create(4, simple_program, (cyg_addrword_t) 1, "Thread B",
(void *) stack[1], 4096, &simple_threadB, &thread_s[1],	21, 22, 23);
printf("Created threads with extended properties\n");
cyg_thread_resume(simple_threadA);
cyg_thread_resume(simple_threadB);

Here 11,12,13 (and 21,22,23) are deadline, wcet, period of the first
(second) thread respectively. In my application output I have
> Now thread extended with tree more properties;
> Running with EDF scheduler
only. Application does not output "Created threads with extended
properties", which I think to be error.

Actually, I am recording each of my modification to eCos repository in
PPT file (which I have enclosed here
http://rapidshare.com/files/338010937/eCos_EDF_implementation_-_2.pdf.html
) and I have my application code also
attached. Can anyone have a look and give me idea, why it is hanging up.

One more question is, there are kernel tests in eCos repository, are
they to check eCos kernel after such a modification?

Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Nodir.