Using openssl for HTTPS

Hi All,
I've looked at all types of examples but without luck.
I'm trying to setup eCos openSSL package so I can use HTTPS to my web
server.
The steps I'm using to bring up SSL so far are:
SSL_library_init()			// OK
Meth=SSLv23_server_method()		// OK
but when I do this next step
SSL_CTX_new(Meth)
I get a NULL (failed) response.

Does anyone have a working example they can share?
If the example happens to go into the certificates and keys (their setup,
format and functions that use them) that would be really excellent.

Thanks			...Laurie:{)