Re: extern __inline__ and optimisation problems

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 06:50:26PM +0200, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Sergei Gavrikov
> <sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> > Search: gcc 4 extern inline
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html
> >
> > May be that's it.
>
> It almost certainly is... Thanks for the tip!
>
> Does this really mean that *all* those places in eCos have to
> be touched to become compatible with the -std=c99 or -std=gnu99
> options?
>
> Ouch.

Greping the list on C99, I can repeat following you, Ouch :-) As I
could understand eCos LIBC is not ready to be C99 compliant. Recent
bird was Uwe's cdl_option CYGIMP_LIBC_STDIO_C99_SNPRINTF, but, it
seems your dreams about eCos modularity via DVCS is near future to
have some "C99" branch of the eCos language/c/libc. Ouch! But, may be
it won't be _too_ hard to play with these CDLs for start

grep ^cdl.*INLINE ecos.ecc | wc -l
22

Certainly, if I did not miss something in your message.

Yet another what I found from man gcc-4.3 is -fgnu89-inline. Well, you
have a full control on your own CFLAGS and I hope you have a time for a
digging and let us to know a solution, please.

Sergei