Re: eCos Port of Infineon TricCore

Hi Roman,

well, the TriCore port done by Thomas Klöber still is not part of the
regular eCos repository. The main reason is the discrepancy between
the C- and C++-API of the eCos kernel: handles that are implemented as
integers are passed to C++ kernel routines and interpreted as
pointers. This is problematic with the TriCore processor as it uses
different registers for data and addresses, thus the handle is always
looked up in the wrong register. No one wanted to put up my suggestion
to define cyg_handle_t as pointer to a cyg_addrword intstead of
cyg_addrword, I have no other suggestion to solve that problem.

We recently used the port to develop a control system for an
electronic highstriker-system
(http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de//Lehre/SS09/V_EZL/Uebung/hau_den_lukas.shtml
- sorry, german only), but we observed some issues regarding
interrupts and context switches (some times a thread that should be
scheduled was not scheduled any more ...). However, we did not have
time to track these issues down.

If Thomas doesn't have any objections and you are interested I could
give read access to our repository containing also the TriCore port.

Ciao, Fabian