Re: ecos + lwip

Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Simon Kallweit<simon.kallweit@intefo.ch> wrote:
Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
This looks fine so far. I have not used the netif API myself, so I don't
know if there were changes between the old and the new version. But I bet
there are, as there was lots of work between 1.1.1 and 1.3.1.

I'm not particularly inclined to using the netif API.

If I can get the IP address of my interface "et0" by any other means then thats
fine too, as I'm only using it to retrieve the static IP assigned to
my interface.

Is there any other way achieve this?

Can you please show us the code you are trying to use with the netif API?
Maybe we should also add a netif API test to the lwip package.

Sure. It's simply a call to netif_find().

<snip>
struct netif *local = NULL;
local = netif_find("et0");
</snip>

I'm getting "local" as NULL. Also enabling netif debugs show this:

netif_find: didn't find et

Well, I had a quick look at the source of netif_add() and netif_find() and I can't really see what could potentially go wrong here. Are you sure that your et0 netif is properly initialized? Did you start from the lwip_eth_sequential template?

Simon