Re: eCos library build error

az cards wrote:

> I'm new to eCos and trying build it for i386 PC target (vm ware)
>
> I have installed cygwin and ecos following the instructions on the eCos web
> site.
>
> I'm using eCos' windows configuration tool.
>
> I selected i386 PC target template and default package. My build tools path
> is pointing to C:\cygwin\opt\ecos\gnutools\i386-elf\bin.
>
> I have created a build folder c:\workdir where I saved the ecos.ecc and the
> config tool successfully created both the build and install trees.
>
> However, when I try to build the libtarget.a, "build library" fails right
> away with following message:
>
> make -j2 --directory "/ecos-c/workdir/ecos/ecos_build"
> make: *** /ecos-c/workdir/ecos/ecos_build: No such file or directory. Stop.
>
> I'm suspecting there is a path conversion problem between windows and unix.
> Is /ecos-c a mounted drive? When I type mount in the cygwin window, I get
> following:
>
> $ mount
> C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (textmode)
> C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (textmode)
> c:\cygwin\tmp on /tmp type user (binmode)
> C:\cygwin on / type system (textmode)
> c: on /cygdrive/c type system (textmode,noumount)
> d: on /cygdrive/d type system (textmode,noumount)
>
> It doesn't show /ecos-c as a mount...

Old versions of the Windows-hosted eCos Configuration Tool create
text-mode Cygwin mounts such as /ecos-c to workaround problems with very
old GNU tools. Such workarounds have not been necessary for many years
and you should now use /cygdrive/c rather than /ecos-c when referring to
logical drive C:.

The error you are observing suggests that you may be using an old
version of the eCos Configuration Tool. Is it possible that you have an
old version of configtool.exe on your computer that is being accessed
instead of the version provided with eCos 3.0? What is the version
number and build date shown in the Help->About... dialog box?

John Dallaway