Synthetic target on linux x86_64 host

Hi!

I've been trying get vanilla synthetic target up and running on 64-bit Debian testing. It's definitely a painful experience (well, more than usual). Is this host platform unsupported?

This is what I did:

1. Getting tools and code

I installed eCos with i386-elf tools as described in http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html.

I also fetched fresh source from anonymous CVS and set $ECOS_REPOSITORY to point to it.

2. Prepations

Started configtool, verified repository (OK, set to anoncvs).

Picked default template "Linux synthetic target".

3. Building the library

Configtools shows that global command prefix is "i686-pc-linux-gnu". WTF is that?

I remove the command prefix entirely to build with my native gcc toolchain (Debian 4.3.3-3).

Generate tree, OK. Press F7 to build library, it fails.

Build is missing cc1plus:
http://people.proekspert.ee/tarmok/ecos/build_ecos_in_configtool.txt

Why does that happen? Some environment problem maybe?

I open a shell, navigate to build directory, delete it, build tree, type in commmand "make -j4". It fails.

Build now chokes on some pointer casts:
http://people.proekspert.ee/tarmok/ecos/build_ecos_from_shell.txt

Can synthetic target even be built with native x86_64 tools?

--
Kind regards,
Tarmo Kuuse