Re: running test cases

grahamlab wrote:

> Hello again
>
> So I gave up with virtual box and installed cygwin.
> Now when I run the gdb command I am returned to the shell prompt nothing
> else happens!
>
> The manual states
> Start a command shell (such as a Cygwin shell window in Windows) with the
> environment variables set as described in the toolchain documentation
>
> Where is the toolchain documentation, what environment variables do I need?

Exactly the same things as on Linux: ECOS_REPOSITORY and PATH variables.
There is ecosenv.sh script there, and you must source it:

$ source /opt/ecos/ecosenv.sh

or

$ . /opt/ecos/ecosenv.sh>

Then, I typed 3 lines the below as a mentor:

---
It seems for me that it's time for you to read the eCos documentation
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/

Your eCos distro has the same HTML pages.
---

and I followed by the link the below and it was surprise for me this page
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/user-guide-installation.html

directed me here
http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html

There is no much info for eCos N.B. about environment variables :-) on
the getstart.html page. So, in cygwin's bash prompt, type

$ . /opt/ecos/ecosenv.sh

then try

$ echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY

and

$ echo $PATH

Do you see a path to arm-eabi GNU tools?

$ arm-eabi-gcc -v

Hey, eCos gurus, where is step by step installation (preparation) guide
for eCos N.B.? Enlighten Graham, please. My mother language is not
English, so, it's difficult for me to assist Graham. Graham, if you are
not CLI guy, then use `eCos configtool'.

Graham, I'm sorry, but in any case, a reading is a right way to start
with anything.

Regards,

Sergei