Re: undefined reference to `__init_array_end__ when linking with eCOS

Robert Brusa wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:16:25 +0100, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

Robert Brusa wrote: ... cut out
make: *** [ifw] Fehler 1

Are you using eCos CVS from 2008-11-11 or later? If not, you should.

Jifl
Yes, I checked it out as recently as 12-Jan-09 using the command:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos
Let me add, that previously I used the old version of eCOS (2.x) - and the toolchain that comes with it. My app compiled, linked and worked. But now I want to expand it and I thought it would make sense to update things a bit. But hellas!!! - see above.

Are you building *all* the objects with the same (new, arm-eabi) tools?

You should be able to figure which file is generating this section
using "arm-eabi-objdump --section-headers"  This may help isolate the
issue.

My feeling (from the output of ld) is that the problem is somewhere in the library files that come with the new toolchains. Somehow the build of eCOS seems to involve sections that are not adequately dealt with in the target.ld-file. Hence I would firstly look at the eCOS built when calling the makefile from within configtool - but:

You didn't answer the first question; are you using this toolchain to build all the object files, or are you trying to import some from elsewhere?

I have never used arm-none-eabi-objdump before so I do not understand from your advice what exactly to do. Following your advice, I have run it for the section-headers of one of the library files of eCOS extras.o. The output is attached. I see nothing special in it.

There are a lot more *.o-files in the the directories generated during the build of the eCOS system - and of course, there are also *.a files. Do I have to systematically check all of them and what am I expected to see?

Yes, look at all the files (easy to do with some scripting) and use 'grep' (or similar) to find the one(s) that reference the section that's causing troubles.