Re: printf not working in ARM simulator

Thank you Robin. We will look into emulators.

But out of curiosity, and since it's easier to work with gdb, and possibly
faster, does the gdb target simulator on cygwin have some escape sequence
that let's it print a character to the screen?

In other words, imagine a particular SWI, or "fake" instruction, or mov byte
to particular address, that once the simulator sees, it prints (or putc) the
character to the screen (cygwin prompt).

Is it easy to add such a feature to the simulator, if it doesn't exist?

gdb's watch point performs something similar but not quite. It can stop the
program when we write to a given address. But we need it to quietly print
the character without stopping the program.

Thank you,

Roy