Re: priority of main thread

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:57:31 +0100, Jonathan Larmour <jifl@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

Gary Thomas wrote:
...cut....

Actually it only gets started from cyg_user_start() if the user enables
CYGSEM_LIBC_STARTUP_MAIN_INITCONTEXT. But that is only the default if there
is no eCos kernel at all.

Otherwise (in the more normal case), it is created and started from a
static constructor. So overriding cyg_user_start() makes no difference.

To answer the poster's question, the priority is set with the
CYGNUM_LIBC_MAIN_THREAD_PRIORITY configuration option in the
CYGPKG_LIBC_STARTUP ("ISO environment startup/termination") package.

Jifl
Thank you all for your help. "no eCOS kernel at all" That was the point. Somehow, the configuration I was working with was broken. This went unnoticed, because I run config with the -i option, because my system uses a 25 MHz crystal and this was considered illegal sometimes earlier (but now is perfectly ok according to the data sheet). Anyway, I got tired looking at the ever same error message about this quarz - and stopped looking at the output. And voilà - it caught me!
Again - thanks for all your help.
Robert