Re: Flash driver system updated

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 06:06:04PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> The flash driver API has been updated, both for users of the flash
> API, and for the interface between the generic flash layer and
> underlying drivers.  Existing flash drivers (informally "flash v1"
> drivers) are still supported in a legacy mode. While they will
> continue to be supported in the upcoming eCos 3.0 release, the
> intention is naturally to transfer as many ports as possible to use
> flash v2 drivers.

Does anybody plan to rework Intel 28FXXX ('v1')? I'm not expect in v2
and want to ask, Is there known limitations or issue for this line? The
driver is marked as 'legacy' in the latest ChangeLog entry. Is it the
verdict?

> For AM29xxxxx there is the PPC Adder HAL and for Strataflash, the
> IXDP425 HAL. If you want to update your favourite targets before the
> eCos 3.0 release, I recommend looking at that immediately (especially
> if an FSF copyright assignment is likely to be required).

Please, to explain

find packages/devs/flash -type d -name \*v2 -printf %f\\n
synthv2
am29xxxxxv2
stratav2

Does this triplet mean 'all' for now? I understood so that we will have
3 bases of the version 2 eCos FLASH API? Is it right or I did miss
something?

> For those wishing to update their targets, there is plenty of
> documentation in the generic package, and also within the AM29xxxxx
> and Strataflash driver packages if using those parts. You will also
> find concrete usage examples around the place for each driver. e.g.

Here http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io-flash.html is out
dated chapter 26 only. It's need to build documentation from CVS
sources. New documentation has nice chapters 26, 27, 28, 29 about.
Thanks a lot to authors! If anybody has no TeX, Latex and other bloat
packages installed, I put just now all built PDF docs, it's here:
http://sites.google.com/site/sergeigavrikov/ecos-docs-latest

Thank you.

All the best,

Sergei