Re: help me in porting!!

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 01:03:23PM +0000, Chris Holgate wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 13:24 +0100, Simon Kallweit wrote:
> > abhishek srivastava wrote:
>
> > > can anyone plz plz spare some time to write the detailed procedure of porting ecos to LPC2148,plz mail me.......i really need tht.....
> > > had none of you ever done this porting????.
> > >

> > Please follow the other mails I have sent you. You need to do a lot of
> > reading and trying before coming back here and post questions like
> > these, as you obviously still have a lot of confusion with the basics.
> > Read read read !
>
> I would add that porting to a new platform requires quite a bit of
> experience, and that it is much better to start out by using one of the
> boards that are supported by the ports in CVS.  There is a supported LPC
> board from Olimex (the LPC-P2106) which is cheap and will allow you to
> go through the tutorials and get up to speed before worrying about
> porting to a new platform.  In fact, a lot of people don't bother with
> their own ports at all - there are a lot of production boards out there
> which are essentially standard, supported dev boards with the unused
> bits left off.

And do google :-) I just now enter 'ecos +lpc2148'. The second link
was http://psas.pdx.edu/LPC2148Software/USBStackChoices/
It seems for me that guys run eCos successfully on the target:
http://psas.pdx.edu/LPC2148Software/eCosSetup/
http://psas.pdx.edu/CapstoneLV2bProjectReport/Software/

So, read, read, and read.

Sergei