Re: Lack of libsupc++.a on BSD

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Jonathan Larmour <jifl@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
>> A shame really,
>> libsupc++.a regularly causes problems for synth, so being able to get
>> rid of this dependancy would be good.
>
> Copy the relevant subset of source files from GCC's libsupc++ into the synth
> HAL (probably in a subdir), build it into its own library (compile
> -library=libsupc++-ecos.a .... ?) and use that instead of libsupc++ in the
> linker script. The synth HAL can use CDL requires on
> CYGBLD_HAL_LINKER_GROUPED_LIBS_DEFAULT to do this (a newly added option,
> part of a contribution by eCosCentric :-)).

Hm. I might try that.

Depending on the level of hassle, though, I might just post my code as is.
And thus leave the libsupc++ stuff as an exercise for anyone wanting
to use the BSD
synth port for anything more elaborate than running simple HAL tests.

We'll see how far my current eCos itch will take things.

Thanks,
Jesper