Re: Re: eCos Configuration Tool experimental build for GTK+ 2.x on Linux

Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> John Dallaway wrote:
>
>> Hi Frank
>>
>> Frank Pagliughi wrote:
>>

>>> I tried it quickly on Fedora 6 and Fedora 8. It runs and "looks" good on
>>> both, and especially seems to solve the font problems that I was having
>>> with Fedora 8 when using the old version. Unfortunately,  the text and
>>> list entry widgets in the configuration window don't seem to be working
>>> properly. When an entry - like selecting a serial port baud rate - is
>>> clicked, it seems to come up in a slightly different screen position
>>> (offset vertically) than it should, and though it seems to accept the
>>> proper input, after accepting the value, the whole configuration view
>>> seems to lose the mouse. I'm unable to click on other items.
>>>
>>> It doesn't seem to happen with check boxes or spin controls.
>>>
>> I have generated a new experimental build (configtool-081009) against
>> wxGTK 2.8.8. The problem you report is not seen in this new build. You
>> can download it via the eCosCentric DevZone page:
>>
>>   http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml
>>
>> Now I need to look at what has changed in wxGTK 2.8.9...
>>

> Thank you. It seems the problem went away (tested on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS).
> Oh, if the central splitted view with wx TreeCtrl can be scrollable by a
> wheel. It seems that splitter eats all events from wheel. The same wx
> TreeCtrl scrolls itself by the wheel. Reference is Build Options dialog
> (F10-b-o).
>
> I wonder: Is an info about package version good place for the main
> configuration widget? IMHO the splitter messes up main widget. Is it
> possible to move that info from the right column in a right place?  If
> main configure TreeCtrl will become a properly scrolled view, the wxGTK
> configtool will get 5 cows even from CLI guys :-)
>
> Yet another 2 cents: F10-b (build menu) has 2 same shortcuts: ~Tests,
> ~Templates.

Also (on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS):

1. Right hand (Conflict and Property) windows don't seem to
automatically follow the end of frame. This problem existed with also
old configtool (ver 2.0) but not with previous build (configtool-081006).

2. When i narrow tree window tree nodes seem to disappear at left hand
side, and don't return when I  stretch it back.

// Ilija