RE: Linux Synthetic target problems

I just did my own additional testing: I tried GCC 3.3.6 and GCC 3.4.6 -
the oldest versions of GCC in the Ubuntu repos. I still get the gdb
error below when attempting to debug.

I would expect that there is some compiler switch or some such that
could allow us to use more recent tool chain versions with eCos and GDB.
(There were hints to this in mentions of eCos 3.0 I have seen on this
list, which I would expect would be part of the CVS tree).

We are expecting the eCosPro Dev Kit soon, so all of this may be moot,
but I think it would be good for the community to figure it out anyway.

Thank you,
Tyler