Re: Any adive on using Boost++ on eCos?

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 02:43:44AM -0700, Papa Legba wrote:

The title says it all... any advice, pointers to web sites, etc, etc?

Looking to switch away from VxWorks (eCos looks ideal) and at the same time
use the Boost++ State machine classes.

I'm no C++ programmer, so do verify everything i say...

eCos does not support full C++. In particular exceptions are
missing. A couple of people have made some hacks to get this to work,
look in the archive.

We started from this page <http://www.zylin.com/libstdc++.html> to get exceptions working in the eCos toolchain. Apart from some minor issues (which I forgot, please check the zylin ML archives) this worked like a charm. After that we used Boost++ with eCos (during the port of orocos <http://www.orocos.org/>) without any problems (no modifications to the boost sources were necessary). However, orocos does not use the Boost state machine classes.

HTH,

Klaas