using SPI-support of eCOS for the AT91SAM7X

Hi
My board has a DS3234 serial Real Time Clock connected to its sip0-bus. From the documentation (ecos-ref-a4.pdf) I concluded that using cyg_spi_transer would cover all my requirements. But there is a problem: The first argument of this function is a pointer to a type cyg_spi_device. I could find nowhere an explanation on how to set up (or get acces to) such a structure. Who could provide a few lines of code to show how it is done? Thanks
Robert