eCos API description

Hi

I am looking into eCos, and have got me a board, the board had an
template ready, but not all devices where supported, so I started to
figure out writing a driver for some of those.
But when it came to make my driver fulfill the eCos API i got lost,
there are a few in the eCos reference manual, but hey seem sporadic.

I can't seem to find any doc about the API.

One example, I am writing a driver for an LCD that i have connected.
But have no clue how the interface to the applications should look
like in eCos?

i also found that accessing GPIO is varying a lot from one platform to
the next. Or am i missing something?

--
Regards