Re: NAND flash and JFFS2

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
Rutger Hofman wrote:
= Or should we switch to YAFFS? It seems to have been ported to eCos,
and it claims it is really, really easy to port anyway.
That is also fully GPL'd. I'm also not entirely sure the eCos port is
anything other than vapourware either, unfortunately.
We use PEEDI debuggers from Ronetix, and on their web site they say "Support for additional drivers for MMC/SD, NAND Flash, YAFFS2, USB slave available from Ronetix upon request".
I requested them, and got them. It is done with a separate repository.
We merged the code in our CVS, some fixes in the generic driver (/defs/flash/..) (we followed the Open NAND Flash Interface 2.0 spec), some fixes in the lowlevel driver (devs/arm/..), and now it works. The YAFFS sources were OK, but maybe not the latest versions.
We have an ARM9 board with Micron nand flash.

You only have to pay for YAFFS if you use it in a commercial product. The code is freely accessible via CVS to play with.

I guess I can give you our code if you need it.
Let me know - the coming 3 weeks I'm on holidays, and will only read sporadically my mail.

Kind regards,
Jürgen