Re: delete athttpd from official eCos repository?

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>>
>> The athttpd stuff in CVS HEAD is hopelessly out of date.
>>
>> I'd like to see it either deleted from the official repository or
>> brought up to date, I don't care which.
>>
>> The current CVS HEAD athttpd can only give athttpd undeserved flak.
>>
>> The problem is of course that nobody steps up to the plate
>> to do all the work that is required to be able to update
>> athttpd in the official eCos repository.
>>
>> The latest athttpd version is at www.ecosforget.net
>>

> If the code is acceptable (and assignable!) for eCos, why not
> just send a patch?  It's not that we're not interested, we
> just can't do all the work (nor can we take responsibility
> for things like the copyright assignments, etc)

Last I heard, it wasn't accepted due to problems with
copyright assignment(some lingering paperwork). I'm
not sure there were any real problems, just a lack
of "someone" to chase down all the nitty gritties.

Breaking all the work done into lots of small patches to
make one patch for each change will not happen I think.

If someone wants to submit a patch and it is accepted,
then that is fine by me, but currently I can't chase this down.

The latest source code is at www.ecosforge.net.

In lieu of somebody stepping up to do the work, it would
be better for athttpd if the outdated copy in the eCos
repository was deleted. Probably better for eCos as well.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html