Re: How to disable c++ exceptions, -fno-exceptions has no effect?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 07:51:17PM +0100, Rasmus Stougaard wrote:
> Ok I will do that.
>
> I thought it was in the public ecos distribution as well since I found
> some public domain instructions about how to use ecos with libstdc++
> (http://www.zylin.com/libstdc++.html)

That requires some hacks which are not suitable for anoncvs.

> Am I correct if I conclude from your answer that it is possible to get
> rid of c++ exception handling and still use dynamic memory, and thus
> reclaim my 16k for other purposes memory?

I think so. I don't use C++, so i don't really know for sure. However
i think the toolchains on ecos.sourceware.org will not do any
exception support by default.

You should probably also look at

CYGFUN_INFRA_EMPTY_DELETE_FUNCTIONS

Do you really need dynamic new and delete. Would placement new work?
It would give you greater control over your memory if you are short.
The eCos kernel uses placement new a lot.

  Andrew