Re: Re: Improving TFTP performance

> +        cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_TFTPD_CLIENT_GET_PACKETSIZE {
> +            display "TFTP protocol allows negotiation of bigger packets.
> +            Requires server which supports RFC 2348 blksize negotiation."
> +            flavor  data
> +            default_value 512
> +            legal_values 512 to 65464
> +            description   "
> +             tftp blksize egotiation support. >512 byte block sizes improves
> +             tftp GET performance"
> +        }

The display should be kept to one line maximum. Put all the rest on
the description lines. You should also say that the default value of
512 causes this to be disabled. It might even be better to change the
flavor of this to booldata, so it can be enabled/disabled and the
value set. It then makes your code cleaner.

> +    	// try without negotiating packet size. The serves that do
> +    	// not support options negotiation would normally just ignore
> +    	// the options and thus this code path will probably never be
> +    	// executed

I took a very quick look at RFC 1350. I don't see it defining what to
do when the RRQ has extra parameters. It does not say they should be
ignored. So sending back an error is acceptable. That means i don't
like this comment.

     Andrew