Re: Re: Is eCos project still alive?

> Thanks for your comments. Now a bit clearer why the releases are not
> available. But it is quite strange: there is eCosCentric but no
> releases. Normally the commercial companies that are at the back of the
> open-source project, do this job. Check RTEMS for example.

eCosCentric does contribute to the public CVS repository.  They keep
all of their releases internal to their branched version of eCos,
eCosPro.  The commercial arm of RTEMS (OAR Corporation) has not
branched from RTEMS, so all of their contributions and releases are
within the public tree.

> By the way, do you now any more-or-less free RTOS that provides support
> for privilege levels and process protection?

I believe there was some talk on the RTEMS mailing list about getting
something similar to VxWorks' RTPs going within RTEMS.  I don't know
if this ever came to fruition.

Hope this helps,
Mike