Disabling the console/debug port

Hello!

I am currently working on a project based on a ST STR712 microcontroller. We are about to extend the functionality of an existing application and have the need for another serial port. Three of the four existing serial ports of the STR7 are already occupied by the current application. The fourth serial port is used as the console/debug port which we actually don't need. We would like to use this serial port as a regular serial port as well. I guess that it is not enough to remove the console/debug port using the configuration tool. Is creating a dummy console channel which does nothing the right way to go?
Any hints on how this is done?

Regards,
Stefan Pettersson ????????