RE: networking support for my eCos application

Gary,

I think I'm missing something here.  I checked out the latest from CVS without any issues but when I tried 'ecosconfig new eb9261 net' I got a bunch of warnings about version subdirectory 'XXX' does not have a CDL script and no valid version subdirectories and finally and error 'Unknown target eb9261'  (out is included below).

I tried configuring things with configtool and that was even more confusing.  I tried building a template based on an ARM eval board (PID) but it wouldn't let me add any packages to the template (e.g. AT91 ethernet driver) nor was there any obvious way to create a new template.  The error I got when trying to add a package was 'add and remove hardware packages by selecting a new hardware template'.

I also notice that trying to create a new platform with configtool provides a dialog box with several fields but regardless of what I fill in the ok button is never enabled.

I was just hoping to be able to create an eCos configuration for an ARM 9 based evaluation board but I seem to be missing something fundamental in how these things are setup.  Is there any documentation that takes a new user through the process?

Thanks,
Chris

----------- part of the output from 'ecosconfig new eb9261 net' ---------------------

ecos.db, package CYGPKG_HAL: warning
    Version subdirectory `common' does not have a CDL script `hal.cdl'.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_HAL: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_INFRA: warning
    Version subdirectory `infra' does not have a CDL script `infra.cdl'.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_INFRA: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_IO: warning
    Version subdirectory `common' does not have a CDL script `io.cdl'.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_IO: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL: warning
    Version subdirectory `serial' does not have a CDL script `io_serial.cdl'.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_IO_CAN: warning
    Version subdirectory `can' does not have a CDL script `io_can.cdl'.
(a bunch more in here I've removed for brevity)
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_FS_FAT: warning
    Version subdirectory `fat' does not have a CDL script `fatfs.cdl'.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_FS_FAT: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_NET_LWIP: warning
    Version subdirectory `lwip_tcpip' does not have a CDL script `cdl/lwip_net.cdl'.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_NET_LWIP: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_ATHTTPD: warning
    Version subdirectory `athttpd' does not have a CDL script `httpd.cdl'.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_ATHTTPD: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
Unknown target eb9261