Re: Compiling PCI test programs

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 06:16:31PM -0700, Oscar Gueta wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>    We are porting ECOS to Freescale's MPC8313RBD and
> need some help to test PCI HAL. I found a couple of
> modules for testing PCI under
> packages/io/pci/current/tests. Problem is that I
> cannot find a way to compile them. We are using
> "ecosconfig" graphical environment to compile ECOS and
> RedBoot.
>
> io_pci.cdl sets CYGPKG_IO_PCI_TESTS values to
> "calculated" and there is not way to tell the
> graphical interface to enable them.

This is correct.

I think you have the basic setup wrong. Redboot is just a boot loader.
Generally you put it into flash. You then configure a RAM version of
eCos and build all the test cases as RAM applications. Just doing

make tests

will build all the tests applicable for your configuration. You can
then use the redboot ROM bootloader to load the RAM test programs and
run them.

    Andrew