Re: wxWidgets tool

Gary Thomas wrote:
Tom Malcolmson wrote:
Slide wrote:
Of course, send them to ecos-patches@ecos.sourceware.org
Did you have something in particular that needs work?

Please keep replies on the mailing lists so that all may benefit.

I just have a lot of crashing issues, when I go to create a build
tree, the tool crashes, when I try and save the config, the tool
crashes. I was going to look into those and hopefully submit some
patches. We are going to be using the tool quite a bit at work and
would like to stabilize it a little more (other people have seen the
crashing issue as well). I'll submit what I come up with.

Thanks!
I get a lot of crashes as well (on WinXP), so anything you can do to
'stabilize' is appreciated.

I noticed some patches available here:
http://www.xylanta.com/WordPress/?page_id=22
including one to make it work with wxWidgets v2.6.

I'm not clear on where the 'official' home of the tool / latest version
is?  And whether the wxWidgets version also depends on cygwin?

Perhaps the tool should be moved to something like sourceforge.

Why? All eCos tools and ports live in the same CVS tree: http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html

Yes, true. My concern was that the status of the tool seems a bit confusing, but I guess a different location wouldn't help.

Is there a location for builds that correspond to the code in CVS?

I got my version of the tool from the ecoscentric website.

Just recently, I noticed the Xylanta versions which appear to be more recent, but I take it that their changes are not in the CVS tree. They have build as well as patches available on their site.

Perhaps over xmas I could work on upgrading it to the wxWidgets v2.8.6 and one of the better MS compilers. I believe it currently compiles with VC6 which is very non-compliant. It would be good if the source could compile on GCC or VC7.1+.

Tom.

Tom.