gcc 4.1.2, some testcases fail when built with optimizations

I noticed that some testcases fail when built with -O2 optimizations.
The failing tests are cos, ldexp, log, log10, pow, sin and tan from libm
and the cpuload test.

I think the cpuload test fails because the compiler is removing some
code that has no result and no side effects (like busy delay loops), so I
don't care about it that much.

The libm tests fail because the tested functions really produce wrong
results, like cos() returning a value > 1. For the cos() case I traced
this to __ieee754_rem_pio2(), which seems to fail completely for some
values. I have no idea what exactly is going on here.

Does anyone else experience such problems?

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown