Re: eCos configuration question (was Re: General Q ...)

Gary -

Thanks for the help.

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Gary Thomas wrote:

> John Mills wrote:
> > Leaving aside my responses to Andrew cut in below:
> >
> >  1. How should I set or clear this switch in my *.ecc files? I don't
> > recognize the entry in 'configtool'. Should I edit the *.ecc and
> > regenerate the tree? Edit the affected 'hal.h'?
>
> You could edit the .ecc file and rerun 'ecosconfig tree'.  Editing the
> hal.h file is useless as it may get regenerated.

> More importantly, it would be useful to find out why this is being
> set the way it is.  You can figure this out by reading the .ecc file.

Good point. In fact I seem to be picking at a minor side-effect of a
rather general setting here, so I had better "expect the unexpected".

> >  2. In general, is there a listing in eCos or RedBoot docs about these
> > [fairly obscure] switches?
>
> Probably not much beyond the CDL files themselves.
>
> Of course, if you want to contribute some documentation on the subject,
> it would always be welcome :-)

 So far, I don't even know enough to be very dangerous, much less very
helpful!