Re: eCos configuration question (was Re: General Q ...)

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 09:50:50AM -0500, John Mills wrote:
> Leaving aside my responses to Andrew cut in below:
>
>  1. How should I set or clear this switch in my *.ecc files? I don't
> recognize the entry in 'configtool'. Should I edit the *.ecc and
> regenerate the tree? Edit the affected 'hal.h'?

You should never need to edit a .h file. I personally never use the
gui tool. I find it much easier just to edit the ecos.ecc file and use
ecosconfig

> > Is CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE true?
>   Yes:
>   ../trapeze/ECOSBUILD/dist/install/include/pkgconf/hal.h:
>     #define CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE 1

I would expect this to be true for your Redboot true, but false for
you application tree. Look at your application ecos.ecc. Does it get
the value from the default_value statement, or has it been set by the
user_value? That will tell you if somebody has deliberately changed
it, or it is derived from other configuration settings.

> >             cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE {
> >                 display       "Initialize whole of virtual vector table"
> >                 default_value { CYG_HAL_STARTUP != "RAM" ||
> >                                 !CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR }
>
> > do you have a RAM image?
>
>   Not of RedBoot. Our eCos app is expanded into RAM for execution, but
>   RedBoot lives in FLASH.

So for your RedBoot tree CYG_HAL_STARTUP == ROM and for your
application tree CYG_HAL_STARTUP == RAM

> > Is CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR true?
>   Apparently not, if I 'grep'ed right.

I would expect this to be false for the RedBoot tree, but true for the
Application tree.

            Andrew