eCos configuration question (was Re: General Q ...)

Leaving aside my responses to Andrew cut in below:

 1. How should I set or clear this switch in my *.ecc files? I don't
recognize the entry in 'configtool'. Should I edit the *.ecc and
regenerate the tree? Edit the affected 'hal.h'?

 2. In general, is there a listing in eCos or RedBoot docs about these
[fairly obscure] switches?

Thanks for any guidance.

 - Mills

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> > On Wed, 30 May 2007, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> > > What is the value of CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_VERSION in you
> > > application? See hal/common/current/src/hal_if.c

> > I find in my package configuration:
  >/home/jmills/depot/trapeze/ECOSBUILD/dist/install/include/pkgconf/hal.h:
  >  #define CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_VERSION 1

> ...  So the next question is why is it set to 1?

  If it was a clear decision, the reasons are lost in the mists of time!

>             cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_VERSION {
>                 display       "Claim version virtual vectors"
>                 default_value { CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE }
>                 description   "
>                     This option will cause the version
>                     virtual vectors to be claimed."
>             }

> Is CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE true?
  Yes:
  ../trapeze/ECOSBUILD/dist/install/include/pkgconf/hal.h:
    #define CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE 1

>             cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE {
>                 display       "Initialize whole of virtual vector table"
>                 default_value { CYG_HAL_STARTUP != "RAM" ||
>                                 !CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR }

> do you have a RAM image?

  Not of RedBoot. Our eCos app is expanded into RAM for execution, but
  RedBoot lives in FLASH.

> Is CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR true?
  Apparently not, if I 'grep'ed right.

 - John Mills