Re: Re: diag_printf via serial port

Alexey Shusharin wrote:
> Uwe Kindler wrote:
> > Hello Alexey,
> >
> > which serial channel do you use for the serial connection? I also have a
> > LPC-E2294 board (Rev. B) here. Do you use the onboard USB connector or
> > the onboard RS232 D-Sub connector for serial conection?
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Uwe
> >
> Hello Uwe,
>
> I use USB connector. Do you test Sergei's port? You can find it on his
> home page (http://sgs.gomel.by/sg/articles/olpce2294/index.html).
>
> However, I clear up some of features.
>
> It's not a problem of /dev/ttydiag. I don't understand why, but then I
> use the serial connection instead of the ethernet my thread doesn't
> start (it doesn't perform other work). cyg_user_start() works properly
> and its output appear on the serial port.

Alexey, as far as I could understand, you try to busy one serial port
(UART0) by a triple work: for the debugging, for the diagnostic and for
the interrupt driven TTY mode, but that isn't possible.

You should use the second port on the board (D-Sub UART1) for TTY mode
(/dev/ser1) and using CYGDAT_LIBC_STDIO_DEFAULT_CONSOLE option to point
what stdio output should appear there, i.e. printf() output (!diag)
shouldn't appear on /dev/ttydiag. By default, stdio output quite flows
via /dev/ttydiag.

-- Sergei