Re: Net BSD network stack posix tasks -

"Alok Singh" <aloks@broadcom.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I don't understand licensing issues much. I've a question. Am I allowed
> to convert network stack threads to posix threads instead of native cyg
> threads?   I've compatibility issues making ecos network stack work with
> my application (Posix based.) Though there are ways to overcome this
> issue, but they affect the performance of the system.

(I'm not sure why this has anything to do with licensing.)

The network threads are internal to the stack. POSIX threads are for
running application code. The network threads will never run
application code and so don't need to be POSIX threads. The network
threads work perfectly well alongside POSIX applications without
needing to be POSIX threads themselves.

I don't know what problems you are having, but your suggestion is
almost certainly the wrong solution. It sounds to me like you are
trying to do something that eCos doesn't support. Tell us what the
problem is and maybe someone can offer a better solution.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited     http://www.eCosCentric.com/   The eCos experts