Re: Net BSD network stack posix tasks -

Greetings.

Your description is quite puzzling.

POSIX threads in eCos have nothing to do with the network stack, not
directly at least. The POSIX functionality is essentially a carefully
crafted set of wrappers over the basic eCos threading architecture.

Think of the networking stack as a state machine implementation borrowed
from a BSD derivative and driven using native eCos threads running under
the eCos kernel.

Now you can take a POSIX application and via the POSIX "wrapper" link
the application to the networking stack and the kernel.

My humble and pointed suggestion : RTFM.
eCos has abundant documentation that sheds light on these concepts.

Cheerio!
Robin