RE: ECOS_COMMAND_PREFIX question

From: "Mike Sweeney" <msweeney77@gmail.com>
To: ecos-discuss@sourceware.org
Subject: [ECOS] ECOS_COMMAND_PREFIX question
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:15:27 -0400

Hi,

In the eCos configuration tool, I am able to build a library
successfully and eCos knows where my build tools are. When I go to
build an application, in this case, the hello world example, I can't
build out of the box with the makefile because the ECOS_COMMAND_PREFIX
variable defined in ecos.mk just says "arm-elf" and not the path to
the build tools prepended to it. This might be related to another
question I have which is about the ecosenv.sh script. This script
appends the path to my build tools to the PATH environment variable so
if I source this script everytime in my shell then obviously the
problem I mentioned above goes away. However, firstly there is no
mention in the eCos documentation that I can tell that says you need
to source this ecosenv.sh script everytime you want to build in a new
shell. Also, the first line in the ecosenv.sh script says "This is a

maybe it's a shell problem, i remember the environment variable exported in one shell will disapper in another new shell enviornment, if just using the configtools to configure ecos and compile it in cmd line, there should be no need to source script everytime
hope i got the point:)
generated file used by the eCos installer." which makes one think you
shouldn't have to source it everytime.

Thanks.