Re: about zlib library

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 06:10:13PM +0800, DengDongdong wrote:
> Hi ,
>  I had successed to  port the jpeg library to  ecos. :)
>
> But now, i have new question about the zlib library,
>
> when i use the zlib which  provided by ecos, i discove the function of
> z_crc32 is not contain by libz.a .
> so i can't link the  application success.

Where is the link error coming from? Your code or within the zlib
code?

As far as i know Z_PREFIX is not defined, so you should be using
deflate, not z_deflate, inflate, not z_inflate, and more importantly,
crc32 not z_crc32.

Also, you will find in packages/services/compress/zlib/current/src/zutil.h

#ifdef __ECOS__
#include <cyg/compress/zlib.h>
#include <cyg/crc/crc.h>
#undef  crc32
#define crc32 cyg_ether_crc32_accumulate

The crc function used by zlib actually comes from the CRC package.

    Andrew