Re: how to booting the redboot on VMware

From: "xiaolu zhao" <deerxiaolu@gmail.com>
To: "jiang jet" <jetjiang@hotmail.com>
CC: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] how to booting the redboot on VMware
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 22:58:17 +0200

Thank you for your advice. Currently I used a software which can
provide virtual serial port. Thus the Host can communicate with VMware
and I can run the hello world on the virtual machine through the
serial port.

welcome
Can I ask you one more question?

Because I just start to learn the software development on a RTOS, so I
have no idea about what is the application software on a RTOS looks
like. I only have some experience in embedded software development
without a RTOS. Do you know where I can find some application example
on eCos or any other RTOS(more complicated than the examples in the
ecos source code)?

in ecos there is no very strict distinction between app and kernel...actually the distinction between os and app in embedded system is not as obivious as in other enviorment
I don't know what kind of app you are looking for, maybe minigui is a good choice for u , however, i think ecos itself is really worth studying intensively

On 5/21/07, jiang jet <jetjiang@hotmail.com> wrote:

>From: "xiaolu zhao" <deerxiaolu@gmail.com>
>To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
>Subject: [ECOS] how to booting the redboot on VMware
>Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 00:24:08 +0200
>
>Hi,
>I want to try the application examples in the 12th chapter of
>"Embedded software development with eCOS". I want to use a virtual
>machine on VMware software as my target. I already successfully
>install redboot in a virtual machine and see the RedBoot prompt.
>
>But when I try to booting redboot, in the step 10 and 11 which tests
>if the host and target connetec well. I found I the host and target
>are not connected.

you have boot the system up..could u please post the booting info?
or you can check what ur static ip address is?
or can u make sure the vmware is connected with host pc correctly?
or the ethernet cards that contains a controller supported by ecos?

免费下载 MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/