Resolved: RedBoot Question

Gary, All -

Thanks for the feedback. I did a bit more digging and learned our default
had intentionally been configured to disable console port auto-detection
for good security reasons. If I append the following to my RedBoot script
I get my desired behavior, if and only if the other boot options are
unavailable or fail:

"ip_address -b
 channel -1"

I must learn (or know) which IP will be awarded by the DHCP server and can
then open a telnet session to the monitor.

 - John Mills